Friday, February 6, 2009

+vely 4th Street

You got a lotta nerve /To say you are my friend /When I was down /You just stood there grinning
You got a lotta nerve /To say you gota helping hand to lend /You just want to be on/ The side that's winning
You say I let you down / You know it's not like that / If you're so hurt / Why then don't you show it
You say you lost your faith / But that's not where it's at / You had no faith to lose / And you know it
I know the reason / That you talk behind my back / I used to be among the crowd / You're in with
Do you take me for such a fool / To think I'd make contact / With the one who tries to hide / What he don't know to begin with
You see me on the street / You always act surprised / You say, "How are you?" "Good luck" / But you don't mean it
When you know as well as me / You'd rather see me paralyzed / Why don't you just come out once / And scream it
No, I do not feel that good / When I see the heartbreaks you embrace / If I was a master thief / Perhaps I'd rob them
And now I know you're dissatisfied / With your position and your place / Don't you understand / It's not my problem
I wish that for just one time / You could stand inside my shoes / And just for that one moment / I could be you
Yes, I wish that for just one time / You could stand inside my shoes / You'd know what a drag it is / To see you

Man…. This song really cheers me when I am in a sour disposition. Even though the ruefulness and bitterness of the betrayal/ wrongdoing is unadulterated…..you have to hand it to Dylan for keeping the humour strong. I read somewhere it was directed towards the editor of “Sing out” who tore Dylan for going electric.
This witty insult can be cathartic for anybody betrayed/cheated.
Could work well as an astringent dedication to low down and rotten bitches of the world.

1 comment:

  1. rotten bitches...
    :)
    yes curse... cuss... and come out of it!
    i was so comfortable till a few days back and now i find myself in the trap of my own making. urrrgh... i am disgusted with myself.
    this calls for a break :)
    keep posting. keep cursing.

    ReplyDelete