Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Angels and Bitches contd...

“Sara”
Sara, Sara
Whatever made you
want to change you mind
Sara, Sara
So easy to look at,
so hard to define.
Definitely one of Dylan’s “Angel songs” after ‘Sad eyed lady from the lowlands’, Sara was his wife.

“Dirge”
I hate myself for loving you and the weakness that it showed
You were just a painted face on a trip down to suicide road
The stage was set, the lights went out all around the old hotel
I hate myself for loving you and I'm glad the curtain fell.
……The naked truth is still taboo whenever it can be seen
Lady Luck who shines on me, will tell you where I'm at
I hate myself for loving you but I should get over that.
Obliviously a “Bitches song”. Could it be for his wife after the divorce, or just his discomfort with the ‘voice of the generation’ mantle, he so wanted to shake off? Whichever way, a great song for spewing rancour and indignation to the bitches of the world….way to go Bob!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment