Tuesday, March 17, 2009

DJ

A few years ago, in my chaperoning obligations I came across DJ, a remarkably bright child. Despite some altered aspect of his life at such a tender age he was surprisingly a cheerful kid.
His level of prudence was astounding, the kind of sagacity I probably never had when I was a kid, I am sure not many of us did.
But then most of us didn’t have to go through what DJ went through. I am not saying that in compassion of his situation.

I was fortunate to have spent some delightful moments with the kiddo. He had this wonderful ability to find glee and amusement in small things, no gizmos for this kid, a falling leaf, a piece of paper would have him abuzz with curiosity. His seemingly hastened maturity didn’t annihilate this.

Today is his birthday; he will be all of 8. So Happy B’day DJ, I am sure you will grow up to be a fine young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment